Vapor intrusion can cause significant uncertainty for building owners. Retro-Coat™ provides a simple and proven solution to a complex problem. Applying Retro-Coat can provide a building owner with long-term assurance that the vapor intrusion risk has been successfully mitigated, while at the same time, reducing the overall mitigation cost and avoiding the need to alter the building’s foundation.
The Retro-Coat™ Vapor Intrusion Coating System is a complete product line that consists of chemically resistant materials to properly protect existing structures from the threat of contaminant vapor intrusion. A vapor intrusion condition is most commonly found when the existing structure was operating as, or in close proximity to, a dry cleaner, gas station, or manufacturing facility.
Developed by the R&D Team at Land Science, the Retro-Coat system is the most appropriate coating technology for vapor intrusion protection.
Retro-Coat has been subjected to rigorous testing procedures to prove its ability to resist the most aggressive chemical vapors.
Retro-Coat is odorless at the time of application and contains no VOC’s.
Retro-Coat finishes to a high gloss, easy-to-clean surface that is impervious to vapor and moisture transmission. It is available in a variety of colors and can be applied on damp as well as dry concrete, concrete masonry units, tile, brick and metal. For enhanced slip resistance, a suitable aggregate can be added. Retro-Coat is a traffic bearing surface and does not require that a protective course be placed over it.
- Developed by experienced vapor intrusion specialists specifically for vapor intrusion protection within existing structures
- Resistant to aggressive chlorinated compounds such as TCE, PCE and petroleum hydrocarbons
- Functions as a wearing surface, meaning no additional concrete protection is necessary
- No odor and fast curing time reduce building downtime
- Carpet, tile, linoleum or other floor coverings can be applied directly over Retro-Coat, if desired
- Eliminates the need to remove the existing slab and when combined with in-situ treatment, lowers overall remediation cost
- Retro-Coat can increase the performance of an existing active sub-slab depressurization system
- Retro-Coat can aid in the retiring of existing active sub-slab depressurization systems
- Available and installed by Land Science Technologies certified contractors
to contact us for a free RETRO-COAT™ estimate today!